Explosion kills, injures 'many' people in Turkey
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a statement on Sunday night expressed solidarity with the people of Turkey and condemned terrorism in the wake of the bombing attack on Ankara that occurred earlier in the day.
A senior government official told The Associated Press that police suspect that Kurdish militants carried out the attack, which occurred on Ankara's main boulevard, close to ministries.
"The blast was caused by a vehicle packed with explosives close to Kizilay square", an official statement said.
Turkey's health minister says the death toll in the Ankara bombing has risen to 34.
State broadcaster TRT said the auto had exploded at a major transport hub, hitting a bus carrying some 20 people near the central Guven Park and Kizilay Square.
Gunfire was also heard after blast, while ambulances rushed to the area, officials said.
Islamic State militants have carried out at least four bomb attacks on Turkey since June 2015, including a suicide bombing which killed 10 German tourists in the historic heart of Istanbul in January.
Witnesses say the explosion occured at the Guven park, which is close to many government buildings and added that vehicles were on fire and buses had been heavily damaged. It has also been accused of not speaking out against PKK violence.
The explosion comes less than a month after a bomb killed 29 in Ankara.
A large explosion in Turkey's capital, believed to have been caused by a bomb, has caused several casualties on Sunday, according to news reports.